• Delinquent Taxes – Contact Montcalm County Treasurer for pay off.
211 W Main Street PO Box 368 Stanton MI 48888
The STC has also provided a Poverty Exemption Taxpayer Fact Sheet that explains a taxpayer’s filing requirements. To apply, a taxpayer must file the following with the local unit of government to apply for the poverty exemption for 2021:
- Form 5737, Application for MCL 211.7u Poverty Exemption
- Form 5739, Affirmation of Ownership and Occupancy to Remain Exempt by Reason of Poverty. All required additional documentation (such as federal/state income tax returns). Taxpayers not required to file federal/state income tax returns would instead submit
- Form 4988, Poverty Exemption Affidavit
• SUMMER DEFERMENT FORMS FOR 2021.
The last day to file to defer summer taxes is September 15, 2021. (MCL 211.51(7)). http://www.michigan.gov/documents/homestead1_2541_7.pdf
• MONTCALM COUNTY STEP FORWARD PROGRAM
STEP FORWARD MICHIGAN PROGRAM